Updated: Jun 19
In the name of Allah, Ever Gracious, Most Merciful.
The Ahmadiyya Movement is a Peaceful Reform Movement in Islam which is inclined to Pacifism, though Mullahs have tried to oust us from the diverse world of islam using various sorts of falsehoods and deceptions.
The Movement began on 23rd March 1889, when the Holy Founder, Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad a.s., took the pledge of allegiance in Ludhiana, India, from 40 persons. The conditions of the pledge of allegiance (or bai'at in Arabic) are given here:
The ten conditions may be summarised as follows:
1. That till the last day of his life, she/he shall abstain from shirk (associating any partners with Allah).
2. That she/he shall keep away from falsehood, cruelty, adultery, dishonesty, disorder, rebellion and every kind of evil.
3. That she/he shall offer prayers (Salat) five times daily (NB: it is permitted to combine the 5 daily prayers and offer 3 formal prayers in some circumstances).
4. That she/he shall not inflict injury on any of Allah’s creatures.
5. That she/he would bear every hardship for the sake of Allah.
6. That she/he shall not follow vulgar customs and guard against evil inclinations.
7. That she/he shall discard pride and haughtiness, live in humility & meekness.
8. That she/he shall hold his faith, dignity, and the welfare of Islam dearer than her/his own life, wealth and children.
9. That she/he shall have sympathy for all of God’s creatures, and devote her/his talents to their welfare.
10. That she/he shall establish brotherhood with me (i.e. Hadhrat Ahmad a.s.), obeying me in all good things, and firmly adhere to these rules until the last breadth of her/his life.
NB: The summary given above does not mention the Qur'an and hadiths, but the full text of condition number 6 does. I have made clear in other articles on this site that hadiths (which are reports or narrations compiled into Books in the 3rd century of Islam) are only accepted on stringent conditions of compliance with the letter and spirit of the Holy Qur'an (which should be our Primary and Supreme Guide), Reason, as well as the established practice (or Sunnah) of our Noble and Holy Prophet Muhammad s.a., the Chosen One.
Why believe in Islam in the first place? Please reflect over the following article:
[19:76] Allah increases in guidance those who follow the guidance. [20:47] Peace be upon those who follow the guidance.